[Openchrome-devel] generate svnrelease.h on make dist

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Mar 18 10:05:39 PDT 2008

Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>>> I'd like to have make dist automagically generate a
>>> svnrelease.h file that contains :
>>> #define BUILDCOMMENT "(openchrome 0.2.901 release)\n"
>> Ok, I solved this problem. Changeset 554 if anyone is interested.
>
> Nice.  One thing, though: the final \n isn't needed, as it is tagged
> on in via_driver.c.  See also the other BUILDCOMMENT defines.

Ok, I'll fix that.

>>> configure.ac and src/via_driver.h are the only filers that
>>> needs to be modified before a release
>
> It would be nice if it were possible to break down VERSION into
> VERSION_MAJOR, VERSION_MINOR, and PATCHLEVEL, so that configure.ac
> can become the only place where the version number is defined.  But
> in `info cpp` I can't find anything that looks like string
> manipulation.

Agreed, but no idea how to do that. Anyone ?

> Hmm, the https://www.openchrome.org/trac/report link that is given
> in configure.ac isn't working.

I'll fix that too.

> Should https be working on the
> openchrome server?

No idea. Ivor ?

> Anyway, it's probably better to link to report/1, so the prospective
> error reporter at once gets to see which bugs have already been
> reported and doesn't have to go looking for this list first.

Agreed, although it will be much better to have less open tickets,
especially the older ones.

> Benno
Regards,
Xavier