[Openchrome-devel] Initial VX800 check in to trunk

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Nov 3 01:02:11 PST 2008

Jon Nettleton wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> I have checked the initial support for the VX800 chipset in openchrome
> trunk.  This check in includes the initial chipset support done by
> Xavier, and the first shot at 2d acceleration done by Harald.  Great
> patch Harald, I really like the way that you handled differences
> between the two different 2d engines.  I fixed a couple of glitches
> with XAA rendering, that is pretty solid now.  EXA has some font
> clipping problems but other than that works.  I haven't touched video
> acceleration.  Hardware Cursors needs some more work.

Excellent :-)

I quickly looked at the commit, it reverts a couple fixes I've done
before, but no worries, I'll fix them soon (my wife will kill me if the
CLE266 can't drive the fullHD tv anymore ;-))

> Thanks to VIA for the netbook that really helped to nail down and test
> this first patch.  Only a small step but definitely a step towards
> code integration.

The netbooks are the first visible step of collaboration with VIA, let's
hope this is only the beginning and we will see many more in the coming
weeks/months.

Regards,
Xavier