[Openchrome-devel] Hosting VIA's GFX driver project in openchrome

Vlad vladc6
Tue Dec 22 18:16:00 PST 2009

Hi Bruce:

Hosting development in public is a great idea. But the "momentum" is to host on http://cgit.freedesktop.org. Instructions for how to get accounts can be found at http://www.freedesktop.org/wiki/AccountRequests. Submitting changes to Freedesktop.org might give you more visibility and external contributions.

AMD, Intel and even NVIDIA developers commit directly to their respective drivers. See the commit logs for the xorg/driver/xf86-video-ati, xorg/driver/xf86-video-intel, and xorg/driver/xf86-video-nv as examples.

Of course, Openchrome's SVN is a good choice too.

Vlad