[Openchrome-devel] Another openchrome drm segfault

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Feb 10 16:00:25 PST 2009

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>> Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>>
>>> Hi Thomas,

>>> Yes, I can see some rendering errors, but at least, I don't need the
>>> ExaNoComposite option to start X now.
>>>

> Xavier,
> When I set the option "ExaOptimizeMigration" "false" in the device section,
> I can no longer see any rendering errors. If you could check KM400 for
> this as well, It'll help.
> Apparently other EXA drivers have issues with this option as well. Seems
> to be new code.
>
> /Thomas

I still see some corruptions, even with this option, see attached
screenshots.

I also have some issues with 3D, background is not rendered in supertux
for example (this is true also for the old unichrome dri driver).
Another bad behaviour that is still there is the random horizontal lines
drawn outside of some GL screen savers preview area.
I'll a look at all the old unichrome dri bugs to check whether or not
they are still there. My testing has been rather limited so far.

I'll keep posting my findings, lemme know if you want anything
particular to be tested on this machine.

Regards,
Xavier