[Openchrome-devel] DVI output for CX700 integrated TMDS

Adam Szmigin adam.szmigin
Wed Jan 14 15:07:31 PST 2009

Hello all,

I have built a multimedia machine with a Via EPIA EX motherboard and
have recently just realised that there is no support for using its DVI
output without resorting to the VBEModes hack.  This has motivated me
into looking at the driver code, and I'd like to help to write something
for the openchrome project so that the CX700's integrated TMDS and DVI
output can be used.

Is anybody currently writing any code to do this?  I wouldn't want to
step on anyone's toes.

(I recently saw a post by Frans-Willem Hardijzer to that effect:
http://www.mail-archive.com/openchrome-users at openchrome.org/msg01238.html
.. I spoke to Frans, and he's unable to spend any time to work on the
driver at the moment.)

I have a fair bit of experience with systems-level programming (though
not with driver development specifically), and I've so far just quickly
skimmed through the code from linux.via.com.tw.  If anyone here has any
advice for me or if there's anything I should know before beginning,
that would be much appreciated.

Kind regards,

--
Adam Szmigin