[Openchrome-devel] DVI output for CX700 integrated TMDS

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Tue Jan 20 13:11:05 PST 2009

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 7:57 AM, Thomas Hellstr?m <thomas at shipmail.org> wrote:
> Jon Nettleton wrote:

>>> Jon said he had 60 % of the work done before the weekend. Now that the
>>> WE is gone, and if Jon's wii broke, may be more :-) The unfinished code
>>> is not yet available though.
>>>

>> Hey guys,
>>
>> I got side tracked by some additional work and also life in general.
>> Getting ready to do some more work on RandR1.2 support.  Hopefully I
>> will have it done soon.
>>
>> Jon
>>

> Cool,
>
> Jon, how are you allocating buffers for cursors and scanouts?
> If you're using the allocator in via_memory.c, it will be quite easy for me
> to port it to TTM.
> Also it shouldn't be too hard to use the EXA composite code to do hardware
> rotation.

Thomas I was not using the memory allocator in via_memory.c because I
was still trying to keep everything both XAA and EXA compatible.

Really that leads to the next question.  Is it worth even trying to
get a RandR12 compatible XAA release out and then switch to EXA only?
Maybe we just cut and run?

Anybody have any comments on what other projects have done?

Jon