[Openchrome-devel] DVI output for CX700 integrated TMDS

Adam Szmigin adam.szmigin
Mon Jan 19 02:27:28 PST 2009

On Thu, January 15, 2009 2:25 pm, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Adam Szmigin wrote:
>> [snip] ... I'd like to help to write something
>> for the openchrome project so that the CX700's integrated TMDS and DVI
>> output can be used.
>>
>> Is anybody currently writing any code to do this?  I wouldn't want to
>> step on anyone's toes.
>>
> Nobody is working on this at the moment. Tim Chen from VIA is willing to
> assist on this topic once the dual head/randr 1.2 infrastructure is
> finished, afaiu.

Is the new dual head/randr 1.2 code going to fundamentally change the way
that output-related code (TV encoder, TMDS, etc.) will work?  Just
concerned if I begin writing something that's going to have to be changed
shortly afterwards...

So far I've only written some preliminary TMDS-detection code.

Thanks,

--
Adam Szmigin