[Openchrome-devel] New "openchrome" DRM driver segfault
Sun Jan 25 15:15:22 PST 2009
I tried the new openchrome DRM driver. When I insert the openchome.ko
module (by starting Xorg or doing it manually) it gives a lot of errors
and then segfaults.
Looking in the source, I found that in via_detect_vram, it tries to do a
switch/case on fn3->device. But on my hardware (CLE266, device=0x3122),
fn3 doesn't get initialized (I don't know if it even exists) so the
switch errors out.
So, I made a small patch that fixes this. Now I can start X.
It does sort of work: there are lots of errors in syslog:
kernel: [drm:drm_unlocked_ioctl] *ERROR* ret = 53 -85
and exiting X and returning to console leaves the screen all black. But
hey, it's experimental :))
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 1097 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://wiki.openchrome.org/pipermail/openchrome-devel/attachments/20090126/e4850e0a/drm-modesetting-newttm-20090123-fn3_is_null.bin
More information about the Openchrome-devel