[Openchrome-devel] The TTM branch.

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Mon Mar 2 06:08:05 PST 2009

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> I'll be working a little on my spare time on this. The plan is to
>
>    1. Fix EXA problems
>    2. Get XvMC working again.
>    3. Merge with trunk to get the latest modesetting / cursor bits.
>    4. Fix the 2D driver so it will run without DRM
>    5. Start merging in VIAs Chrome 9 bits into the new DRM.

Hi Thomas,

 From the testing I've done on a KM400, it seems your work is
progressing nicely, and I appreciate a lot :-) I'll be moving the KM400
to xserver 1.6 shortly and I'll report back, especially on the EXA issues.

I was wondering about the status of step 3. While I will not be able to
test XvMC (step 2) on the KM400 (only capable of IDCT and MC, this is
not implemented and I don't think it's in the scope of your work to get
that done), I also have an VX800 that I can devote for general and EXA
testing. It's not XvMC capable either, but even basic 2D support needs
the trunk bits merged in. I'll still have the CLE266 to test XvMC on,
but I'll wait for your work to hit the various mainline trees, as this
is somewhat a production machine. Do you have any idea when you'll be
able to spend time on merging trunk to the ttm branch ? Just asking, I
understand you are busy with job and real life.

Cheers,
Xavier