[Openchrome-devel] openchrome-ttm, XVMC, HDMI, TV-OUT

Thomas Hellström thomas
Wed Mar 25 00:12:12 PDT 2009

Stephan Raue wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I finally had the time for to test the openchrome-ttm driver for my HTPC
> embedded project (www.openelec.tv). I'm thrilled! My Jetway board
> J7F5M1G5-VHE-LF works wonderfully with this and xorg-server-1.6.0,
> uclibc and without xorg.conf. Now i need XVMC Support is it possibility
> that already use with openchrome-ttm or do I need install the standard
> openchrome driver (has it 3D support for the CX700 chipset?) I would
> also like to use the HDMI port, which is probably off by default. Do I
> need a xorg.conf or can I set up somewhere the HDMI port is used
> automatically when a TV is connected. I also do the same for the TV-Out.
>
> many thanks
>
> Stephan

Stephan,

For XvMC support you need the standard openChrome driver. Porting XvMC
to the TTM driver is next on my TODO-list, but I'm also considering the
new VideoAccelerationAPI Intel has launched. Perhaps a common backend
for both would be desirable. To dissappoint you a bit more XvMC won't
work on CX700 due to lack of docs.

Also I'm not sure either driver supports HDMI very well.

3D for CX700 should work with both drivers although the TTM driver
should be far better overall with support for some CX700 specific features.

/Thomas