[Openchrome-devel] Testing kms_branch r941 on drm-openchrome kernel

Stefaan De Ridder s.deridder
Tue Aug 23 02:00:51 PDT 2011

Hi, I'm having troubles with the openchromedriver in PcLinuxOS running on a
HP Mini 2133 Netbook with this chipset (product:  VIA  CN896/VN896/P4M900
[Chrome 9 HC]).

I can log in, have a desktop, but when I start VLC, everything works until I
try to maximize the windows, then X crashes to the login prompt.

I hope the current changes may cure this, but.

What is the meaning of KMS_branch? Is this usable for my chipset, or
something special for other purposes? I see the most recent update is in
that section and not in trunk.

If it is ok to use (own risk, I know) how do I install this version?

I am not used to work with a CLI, and normally I don't install outside the
PCLinuxOS repository, so if you could give me the specific commands, I will
try this and report back.

I this works on my system, I can try to help others with the same problem.

Many thanks in advance

Stefaan De Ridder

Stefaanderidder at telenet.be