[Openchrome-devel] Testing kms_branch r941 on drm-openchrome kernel

Natanael Copa ncopa
Tue Aug 23 09:19:47 PDT 2011

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011 11:00:51 +0200
"Stefaan De Ridder" <s.deridder at apragaz.com> wrote:

> Hi, I'm having troubles with the openchromedriver in PcLinuxOS
> running on a HP Mini 2133 Netbook with this chipset (product:  VIA
> CN896/VN896/P4M900 [Chrome 9 HC]).

Cool! Same hardware as me but I run Alpine Linux :)

> I can log in, have a desktop, but when I start VLC, everything works
> until I try to maximize the windows, then X crashes to the login
> prompt.

This sounds like the issue that got fixed in trunk, r920, recently.

> I hope the current changes may cure this, but.

Basically, your distro needs apply r920 or you could try build trunk
from source.

-nc