[Openchrome-devel] Move from openchrome's SVN to freedesktop's git ?

Xavier Bachelot xavier
Tue Jan 4 14:55:18 PST 2011

Happy new year everyone !

With James starting to hack on openchrome and asking about a git server,
the idea to move openchrome code from our own svn server to
Freedesktop's git server surfaced again. The major pro for me is it
brings us closer to the standard everyone is expecting for X related
work : same place and same tool.

I guess everyone is more confortable with git now, so that shouldn't be
a major issue and shouldn't change the workflow too much. If you're ok
with the idea, I'm willing to do the work needed for that to happen (get
in touch with Xorg people, have a repo setup and accounts created,
migrate the code, update the wiki, etc...). I'm not sure yet about the
details of the plan/schedule, the scope would be limited to the code
repository for now, but we can indeed refine (and possibly extend to the
mailing list, bug tracker and wiki later, if there is interest, but
let's tackle this one step at a time).
How would you feel about that ?

Regards,
Xavier