[Openchrome-devel] [ANNOUNCE] New register dumper

James Simmons jsimmons
Wed Nov 16 11:25:32 PST 2011

> If you are having problem yes. If your setup is okay then you don't need
> to send me the info.
>
> > If it is, just tell me which information is useful and, in the case of functions that require arguments, how to get it, and I'll send mine.
>
> Once I get LVDS working on the DRM side I expect problems. We can come the
> UMS xorg driver to the kernel driver if we end up with problems.
>
> Well, right now, the last KMS DDX driver gets me to a blinking X.org and a completely unresponsive computer.
> I installed the default Ubuntu's X.org driver to get it up, but if you tell me exactly what you need me to do, I might get some logs and regdumps by building
> it again and booting in console.

1) First you need to checkout the kms_branch if you haven't already.

2) sh ./autogen.sh;./configure --enable-viaregtool;make

3) Run a working setup. Login in remotely or from a shell in the widow
   manager and run kms_branch/tools/viag_reg_tools --dump. Save the output
   to some file, can be done by shell redirection.

4) Now install the kms_branch xorg driver and restart your X server. Since
   you have problems you will need to logged in remotely and again once
   the xorg driver is unresponive do another via_reg_tools --dump.

5) Post your results to this list.

Thank you for testing the code.