[Openchrome-devel] regression in kms_branch r955 and xorg-1.11.0

Natanael Copa ncopa
Sun Sep 11 04:45:17 PDT 2011

On Wed, 7 Sep 2011 16:44:14 +0100 (BST)
James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org> wrote:

> > I have not bisected it but last I tested (r955) has a regression.
> >
> > The icons in notification area in xfce gets scrambled as showed on
> > those screenshots:
> > http://dev.alpinelinux.org/~ncopa/openchrome/
> >
> > Those are both with xorg-server-1.11.0 and the problem happens with
> > r955 build both with normal kernel and the drm-openchrome kernel.
> >
> > Other than that and the normal "slowness" it seems ok.
>
> Do you get EXA unalignment errors?

Not that I can see. (Xorg.0.log attached)

> Is this regression still present with the latest code.

Yes. It's there with r977.

> BTW you will need to use the soft cursor since
> it appears to be broken for the VX900.

I just noticed :)

In case someone else is trying the driver, here is how:

alpine-netbook:~$ cat /etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/30-cursor.conf
Section "Device"
	Identifier "device0"
	Driver "openchrome"
	Option "SWCursor"  "true"
EndSection

> Thanks for being brave enough to test it.

Thanks to you for working on this driver.

I'd be happy to run it on daily basis, as my primary display
driver, but currently it is too slow for that. :-(

What is needed to fix the speed issues? Needs to add support for my
chipset to the kernel drm module? (I know a little C but very little
about xorg drivers. I might be able to figure things out if you point me
in the right direction)

-nc