[Openchrome-devel] Fix modeline list generation for tv outputs

Harry de Boer harry at ijscoboer.nl
Sun Dec 9 10:58:55 PST 2012

Hi Xavier,

no hurries, I am still looking at getting all the modes to work so there
is at least one other patch to come. I can already get one more mode to
work (a bit) by hardcoding some stuff. The problem seems to be that the
initial selected mode is lost (desired_mode not set?) and then does some
guessing to recover that messes up such that a modeline is chosen that
does not match the tv register table. Any ideas about why that mode
might be lost? The attached log has some extra output that shows this.

Also Willem is still getting a crash when using the tv, we are mailing
about that (in Dutch) outside the mailing list.

I'll update the possible_crtcs value, it should be possible to set the
tv on both crtcs indeed. I did not realise earlier that it was a bit
mask so the value of 0x03 did not make sense to me then, but it does now.

Cheers,
Harry