[Openchrome-devel] Project Status

James Simmons jsimmons
Thu Feb 16 11:42:25 PST 2012

	As everyone here as seen a new release, 0.2.905 was done. Now that has
been done we can set our goal to the next release 0.3.0 which is currently
the kms_branch. My goal is have a release by June 1. The targets for next
release will be RandR support and well as having KMS support. After the
xorg driver starts funneling into distros we can then think about merging
the drm-openchrome branch, but that is a further down the road.
	For the last several weeks fixes where being done for both UMS
and KMS support. For the drm-openchrome kernel I have fixed the bugs
outstanding the was preventing the xf86-video-modesetting driver from
working. Last night the generic modesetting driver was running and I
managed to even use RandR with no major problems. Also the hardware cursor
ass implemented for the kernel tree so the modesetting driver no longer
has problem with the cursor code. With these improvements I will be able
to very soon implement KMS support in the openchrome xorg driver.
	As for the UMS side a few bugs have been polished off. IGA mapping
to output was introduced. This fixed the annoying no cursor problem on
VX900 laptops. RandR resolution changing was also fixed. The LVDS also saw
a major face lift to clean it up. The LVDS issues outstanding is for a way
to get the native resolution without a EDID block or using the scratch
register. I have some test code that needs some work. Also multiple
displays also still has problems that need to be resolved.