[Openchrome-devel] Project Status

Natanael Copa ncopa
Wed Feb 22 12:19:24 PST 2012

On Thu, 16 Feb 2012 19:42:25 +0000 (GMT)
James Simmons <jsimmons at infradead.org> wrote:

> After the xorg driver starts funneling into distros

FWIW, i think beta, rc or pre releases might speed up that part. I am
eager to start packing this driver in our testing repo but lazy to
package git snapshots.

Even simple git tags help. The cgit interface gives us packagers a
convenient source package url, for example:
(http://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/xf86-video-openchrome/snapshot/release_0_2_905.tar.gz)

A tip can be to call the tag v3.0-beta1 or similar. cgit should then
give us the link
http://cgit.freedesktop.org/openchrome/xf86-video-openchrome/snapshot/xf86-video-openchrome-3.0-beta1.tar.gz

I'm not sure if you are able to enable .tar.bz2 archives in cgit. If
you can - those tarballs has consistent md5sum of the archive while
tar.gz embeds a timestamp (on the git archive generation time) so
tar.gz has always different md5sum of the generated archive. In other
words, git tags + .tar.bz2 archives might be enough to get distro
packagers start packaging.

Thanks!
-nc