[Openchrome-devel] Project Status

James Simmons jsimmons
Fri Mar 30 06:24:24 PDT 2012

Hello

	Today is another snapshot release. Now the xorg driver supports
resizing for UMS mode. You will be able to attach a HD monitor to your
laptop and using randr be able to use it. This fix also makes the NC20 and
XO usable again. The problem on both devices is the screen limits in
virtual size is wrong. The problem is not really fixed but with resizing
the screen is reset to the proper size. With the advent of KMS this will
eventually just go away. So as it stands the kms branch is usable across
the present devices supported in the master branch.
	The last set of the bugs left is Xv on the CLE266 and VX900. I
plan to add RandR properties to the xorg driver as well. Currently the KMS
part of the xorg driver is being hit by the fbfill pixman bug. I haven't
tracked down what is causing this problem yet. Also it has been observed
EXA corruption bugs that happen randomly. The EXA needs a massive over
haul but that will be saved for after the release. Give it a try and let
me know how ti works for you.

http://www.infradead.org/~jsimmons/xf86-video-openchrome-0.2.999-pre20120329.tbz