[Openchrome-devel] Fix vt1625 output sensing

Harry de Boer harry at ijscoboer.nl
Mon Nov 26 06:30:51 PST 2012

Hi,

I have made some progress:

- I updated the output sensing patch to support the VT1625S. The power
register has the same layout as the status register. A 0 is always for
the DACs that are not present, so writing all 1-bits and reading back
the register results in a mask of which DACs are actually present.

- The number of tv registers on the VT1625 is 0x82, not 0x6C. This
should not matter for anything currently in place.

- The tv screen is lighting up now. Apparently
xf86OutputPtr->possible_crtcs should have a value of 1 or higher for it
to be a valid configuration.

Don't get excited yet, the output is a complete mess. It seems the
driver only reports one modeline, 640x480, which I believe has never
worked for me anyway. Only 720x576 worked. I guess that is because the
some of the registers are not set correctly and 720x576 works because it
is the default set by the BIOS (for PAL).

But first I'll try to get the driver to report all supported modelines.
Attached are the patches of what I have so far.

On 23-11-12 00:40, Willem van Asperen wrote:
> I've applied Harry's patch and it now correctly senses the TV-Out, so
> good work Harry!

I kind of expected it to work for you since we seem to have exactly the
same board :-)

Cheers,
Harry