[Openchrome-devel] Fix modeline list generation for tv outputs

Harry de Boer harry at ijscoboer.nl
Mon Nov 26 13:59:41 PST 2012

Some good news: I got the the basic 720x576 PAL mode working again.

It turns out the list of modelines in DisplayModePtr now has a ->next
element that is used to go to the next item on the list. These next
items were all NULL so there was only one modeline recognised by the server.

I created a helper function that creates DisplayModePtrs with next
elements from a DisplayModeRec[] much like the xorg edid code does. As
this affects all tv encoders I applied it throughout the codebase.

With this fix it was possible to select the 720x756 mode again which
works for me (as it did in the past). Other modes are still a mess
(including 720x756Over which also used to work). I'll look into the
other modes next.

Patches so far are attached.

Cheers,
Harry