[Openchrome-devel] DRI1 to be removed from X server

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Thu Dec 10 02:31:29 PST 2015

Hi Benno,

On 10/12/2015 11:15, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> Hi Xavier,
>
> On Wed, Dec 9, 2015, at 15:20, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
>> FYI, It seems that DRI1 support might be removed from X server :
>> http://lists.x.org/archives/xorg-devel/2015-December/048182.html
>>
>> This will be a big issue for openchrome and urges greatly the urgency of
>> moving to DRI2 at least.
> Would it be an idea to make a 0.3.4 release sometime soon?
> There hasn't been one in two and a half years.  There haven't
> been many changes but... they might save someone's day.
This has been on my todo since March, last time I talked with James, but
real life has been rather though with me lately, so I'm fighting to find
both the time an energy to do it. I'll try and do a release before the
end of the year.
> Also, Kevin is proposing several patches.  Are you looking into
> that?  Or are they too intrusive?
I've been quickly reading through them. I still have some comments I
need to send but after a bit of shaping up, it should be good to go,
given the various chipsets get a test run for possible regressions. I
definitely need to dust of my VIA test farm.
Any help reviewing the patches would be greatly appreciated. I'll also
try to get in touch with James to see what's he's up to these days.
It seems Mario is warming up too, our mails about DRI1 crossed yesterday.

Regards,
Xavier