[Openchrome-devel] how to prevent X on the boot line from using openchrome?

Benno Schulenberg bensberg at justemail.net
Sat Jul 9 08:24:20 UTC 2016

Hi,

I'm trying to boot Peppermint Seven from a USB stick, but when
it should be showing me the desktop, the monitor goes No Signal.
I can switch to a VT and it does give me video there.  Logging
in (with username peppermint and a blank password), it says in
/var/log/Xorg.0.log that it is using the openchrome driver but
cannot find any monitor being connected.  (The old problem of
not having an EDID.)

How can I tell X on the boot line that it should use the vesa
driver instead?  Somewhere at the beginning of Xorg.0.log it
shows the "Kernel command line", so I guess X is parsing it too.
But what should I put there to prevent openchrome from being
used?

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - The way an email service should be