[Openchrome-devel] how to prevent X on the boot line from using openchrome?

Benno Schulenberg bensberg at justemail.net
Sun Jul 10 10:38:19 UTC 2016

On Sat, Jul 9, 2016, at 10:24, Benno Schulenberg wrote:
> How can I tell X on the boot line that it should use the vesa
> driver instead?

To answer myself: use xforcevesa.  At least on Ubuntu-derived
distros that works.  In short: at the blue boot menu, type <Tab>
and delete the "quiet splash --" and type "xforcevesa" instead.

X will then use the vesa driver.  For me the screen then was
seemingly zoomed in on a small area of the desktop: moving
the mouse made a huge cursor flit across the screen.  But
after a Ctrl+Alt+F1 and Ctrl+Alt+F7, it produced a normal
desktop.  I could then install it.  And it was so smart to
also there use the vesa driver without me having specified
that in any way.

Benno

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Does exactly what it says on the tin