[Openchrome-devel] [Bug 94797] K8M800/K8N800 (unsure which): OpenChrome crashes if viafb is not enabled

bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org bugzilla-daemon at freedesktop.org
Fri Sep 23 07:07:26 UTC 2016


--- Comment #9 from Kevin Brace <kevinbrace at gmx.com> ---
(In reply to Roc Vallès Domènech from comment #8)

Hi Roc,

> Alas, my device is now dead.
> I opened it recently for something basic, and it stopped working afterwards;
> I have no idea why (did a lot of debugging). I'm paranoid that dumping its
> bios with flashrom (which I did before powering off and opening it at all)
> screwed the EC up, but I have no idea how to fix that either. Left it
> without battery for weeks but it didn't seem to help.
> When I have time and the inclination, I will try and really open (not just
> HDD/ram/etc trapdoors but whole thing), which is more painful than it should
> be, really. When I do, I'll try to locate/remove CMOS battery and such to
> see if that gets me anywhere in resurrecting it.
> Until them and if it works, I'm not able to test anything.

Sorry hear about that.
I will keep the bug open for the foreseeable future.
I hope you can get your laptop working again.

You are receiving this mail because:
You are the assignee for the bug.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
URL: <https://lists.freedesktop.org/archives/openchrome-devel/attachments/20160923/b0a90c1d/attachment.html>

More information about the Openchrome-devel mailing list