[Openchrome-devel] [ANNOUNCE] Upcoming OpenChrome DDX Version 0.7 release

Kevin Brace kevinbrace at gmx.com
Fri Aug 4 02:42:41 UTC 2017

Hi everyone,

Regarding OpenChrome DDX Version 0.7, I have a few remaining issues to resolve before Version 0.7 release.
I have not worked on these remaining issues because I wanted to figure out how to sync drm-openchrome with the latest drm-next, and this took a lot of time to figure out.
At this point, I will likely not go into adding more features or fix difficult to fix bugs for the remainder of Version 0.7 development cycle.
I expect to start rewriting TV out related code during the upcoming Version 0.8 development cycle, but I also expect full fix to TV out code will likely take several release cycles.
Regarding VX900 chipset's integrated HDMI code backport to OpenChrome DDX, I may have to push this to Version 0.9 or later version, although I can work on it outside of the official repository during the Version 0.8 development cycle.
I hope to release OpenChrome DDX Version 0.7 by early November so that Canonical can pick it up for Ubuntu 18.04 LTS.

Kevin Brace
OpenChrome Project maintainer / developer