[Openchrome-devel] openchrome 0.6.0 regressions on VX900 laptop

Xavier Bachelot xavier at bachelot.org
Tue Mar 14 22:53:45 UTC 2017

On 14/03/2017 23:24, Xavier Bachelot wrote:
> Hi Kevin,
>
> On 14/03/2017 22:33, Kevin Brace wrote:
>> Hi Xavier,
>>
>> Okay, at least some progress.
>> I was guessing that LVDS1 was still at IGA1, so switching to IGA2 will correct the problem, but I guess there were still some missing pieces.
>> Based on what you reported, I wrote a patch that should now correctly initialize LVDS1 for VX855 and VX900 chipsets.
>> It appears that these only have one LVDS channel as opposed to CX700/VX700 and VX800 chipsets which appear to have two LVDS channels, to which one of them can be used as DVI.
>> I hope the patch works.
>>
> Thanks for the patch. It may or may not work, I can't tell, as both LVDS
> channels are powered down and thus the screen is black.
> I've attached the X log and regs dump.

I guess that explains :

via_fp.c: In function ‘via_lvds_mode_set’:
via_fp.c:1300:13: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘viaLVDS1SetDithering’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
             viaLVDS1SetDithering(pScrn, Panel->useDithering ? TRUE :
FALSE);
via_fp.c:1303:13: warning: implicit declaration of function
‘viaLVDS1SetOutputFormat’ [-Wimplicit-function-declaration]
             viaLVDS1SetOutputFormat(pScrn, 0x01);

Xavier