[Openchrome-users] RGB TV Output on SP8000E

John Robinson john.robinson
Thu Dec 1 12:15:23 PST 2005

On 01/12/2005 06:29, tony wrote:
> Le mercredi 30 novembre 2005 ? 17:48 +0100, Andreas Simon a ?crit :
>
>> My problem is, that everything including HW-accelaration with Xine (
>> Xine -V xxmc ) and PAL modus "720x576Noscale" is working perfect. But
>> the EPIA board only has an S-Video Connector and my TV doesn't. So  I
>> fall back to  the minimum quality of FBAS.
>
> I'm sure in Germany you can find a S-Video -> SCART adaptor they are
> everywhere in France. Some with gold plated contacts.

These cable adapters still require that the TV accepts an S-Video signal
on the SCART connector. My Sony TV has two SCART connectors on the back,
one of them accepts only RGB and composite (which appear as channels RGB
and AV1) and the other only accepts S-Video and composite (which appear
as channels YC2 and AV2). Still, the adapters aren't terribly expensive,
so it's worth a go.

Cheers,

John.