[Openchrome-users] RGB TV Output on SP8000E

Andreas Simon annkathrin.simon
Fri Dec 2 08:13:48 PST 2005

John Robinson wrote:

>On 01/12/2005 06:29, tony wrote:
>

>>Le mercredi 30 novembre 2005 ? 17:48 +0100, Andreas Simon a ?crit :
>>

>>>My problem is, that everything including HW-accelaration with Xine (
>>>Xine -V xxmc ) and PAL modus "720x576Noscale" is working perfect. But
>>>the EPIA board only has an S-Video Connector and my TV doesn't. So  I
>>>fall back to  the minimum quality of FBAS.
>>>

>>I'm sure in Germany you can find a S-Video -> SCART adaptor they are
>>everywhere in France. Some with gold plated contacts.
>>

>These cable adapters still require that the TV accepts an S-Video signal
>on the SCART connector. My Sony TV has two SCART connectors on the back,
>one of them accepts only RGB and composite (which appear as channels RGB
>and AV1) and the other only accepts S-Video and composite (which appear
>as channels YC2 and AV2). Still, the adapters aren't terribly expensive,
>so it's worth a go.
>
>Cheers,
>
>John.

Your right, so far. I've tried with a S-Video -> Scart Adapter myself.
The problem is, as John wrote, the TV has to accept S-Video. But my TV
doesn't. Is just has one Scart-Connector. And that only accepts RGB or
composite.

When I connect the S-Video from the computer via adapter to the TV the
luminance signal is used, but the chroma gets lost. My picture is black
and white.

So I want to give the solution mentioned by Terry Barnaby in the "VIA
Unichrome TV Output HowTO" a try. But therefore the driver must provide
mode settings for interlaced operation.

And my question is, if that is supported in meantime.

Does anybody know?

Regards
Andreas