[Openchrome-users] problem on sp8000 with 720x576Noscale

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Sun Dec 4 12:40:40 PST 2005

Hi.

druyts pascal wrote:

> Hello,
> I have a problem on an sp8000 with the 720x576Noscale mode when the
> display depth is set to 24. The problem is the same than that
> described by Robin Gilks some months ago. He posted pictures on
> http://gilks.ath.cx/gallery/mythtv
>
> Appart drom mythtv menus, some videos play fine with mplayer, some
> don't and show strange artifact. I think the issue is related to the
> video original resolution.
>
> As a workaround, the problem can be solved by setting the display
> depth to 16. The menus and all videos are then dipslyed correctly.

I think I have fixed the colored vertical stripe problem. Could you
please check out latest svn and try out?

The 24 bit problem is more difficult. I think one needs vt1623 docs and
Terry's test program ported to i2c bus 3. Does 720x576Over work
correctly in 24-bit also with mplayer?

Please update openchrome trac item #14 with extra info on this so we
have it for the record. I will unfortunately not have time to look into
it ATM.

/Thomas