[Openchrome-users] Modular branch

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Sun Dec 4 17:26:51 PST 2005

Benno Schulenberg wrote:

>Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
>

>>I'm not sure but it seems you have a mixed dlloader / old loader
>>installation.
>>

>Possibly.  Any idea what files I would have to delete to repair this?
>Or could it be caused by the use of a hardened gcc?

No, I don't think so. I tried for a couple of hours to remove failing
files but gave up, removed X and reinstalled.

>I've gotten it to work by modifying the ebuild, replacing in
>programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ the entire content of the via
>subdir with that of openchrome_modular/src , and copying
>openchrome_modular/man alongside it.  See the attached log for the
>first run with this.
>
>It gave "74K / 59 Hz  Frequency is out of range" on the monitor.
>But after commenting out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines in
>xorg.conf, and the Modeline lines too, it worked, producing the
>usual 1024x768 at 85 Hz.

Info from the logs says you had set a virtual size of 1600x1200, and a
hsync range of
31.5 to 79 kHz in your Xorg.conf. The driver tried to set up a 1600x1200
mode at 75kHz. Your monitor didn't like it, since it reports a maximum
hzync of 71 kHz.

>But there is no direct rendering yet, running glxinfo gives:
>
>libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
>libGL error: InitDriver failed
>libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

The DDX driver is set up correctly, but I don't think you have a mesa
6.4 3D driver installation?

>For now I've reverted back to the 1.30 driver.  Another try tomorrow.
>
>Benno

/Thomas