[Openchrome-users] Modular branch

Benno Schulenberg bensberg
Mon Dec 5 16:31:31 PST 2005

Thomas Hellstr?m wrote:
> I'm not sure but it seems you have a mixed dlloader / old loader
> installation.

Possibly.  Any idea what files I would have to delete to repair this?
Or could it be caused by the use of a hardened gcc?

I've gotten it to work by modifying the ebuild, replacing in
programs/Xserver/hw/xfree86/drivers/ the entire content of the via
subdir with that of openchrome_modular/src , and copying
openchrome_modular/man alongside it.  See the attached log for the
first run with this.

It gave "74K / 59 Hz  Frequency is out of range" on the monitor.
But after commenting out the HorizSync and VertRefresh lines in
xorg.conf, and the Modeline lines too, it worked, producing the
usual 1024x768 at 85 Hz.

But there is no direct rendering yet, running glxinfo gives:

libGL warning: 3D driver returned no fbconfigs.
libGL error: InitDriver failed
libGL error: reverting to (slow) indirect rendering

For now I've reverted back to the 1.30 driver.  Another try tomorrow.

Benno