[Openchrome-users] problems with via xvmc

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Wed Dec 7 00:23:14 PST 2005

Re: problems with via xvmc

Thanks again Thomas.

I've added the necessary lines to my xorg.conf per http://wiki.x.org/wiki/ExaStatus and I'll give it a shot.

In regards to the second suggestion, it seems they (Myth folks) intentionally set it to 16.  I've found the following post http://pvrguide.no-ip.com/bbs-old/viewtopic.php?t=25042&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0 which suggests 16 was used as a fix for some other issues.

For reference some of the values are stored in the database:

mysql> use mythconverg;

Database changed
mysql> select * from xvmc_buffer_settings;
+----+---------------------------+---------+-------------+----------+----------+------------+-----------+
| id | description               | osd_num | osd_res_num | min_surf | max_surf | decode_num | agressive |
|  1 | Default / nVidia          |       2 |           2 |        8 |       16 |          8 |         1 |
|  2 | VLD (More decode buffers) |       2 |           2 |        8 |       16 |         16 |         1 |
2 rows in set (0.00 sec)

I'll  try both suggestions and play with the settings in the database to see if they help.

If I need to approach the Myth developers, is there an appropriate ideal number of surfaces for the CN400 or is it dependant on the content and can I quote you?

Thanks again for you help.

Brad