[Openchrome-users] problems with via xvmc

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Wed Dec 7 15:36:29 PST 2005

userforum at openchrome.org wrote:

>If I need to approach the Myth developers, is there an appropriate ideal number of surfaces for the CN400 or is it dependant on the content and can I quote you?

There is no ideal number, but it will depend on the size of the images
and the available frame-buffer memory and this is the same for all
unichromes. The size of each image is approximately (width x height *
1.5), and ideally they should make all images fit in about 32MB or
slightly more to leave room for the overlay buffers and the pixmap
cache.  So in this case (32*1024*1024)/(1920*1080*1.5) = 10 images. It
would be ideal to be able to set this number dynamically.

You may quote me on this.

/Thomas