[Openchrome-users] K8N800 64-bit

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Thu Dec 8 17:00:35 PST 2005

userforum at openchrome.org wrote:

>Re: K8N800 64-bit
>

>>thomas:
>>Strange, I cannot use either VIA with VBE modes or VESA in 64-bit.
>>Could you attach (gzipped !) /var/log/Xorg.log.0 files from both a
>>failing "via" session and a working "vesa" session.
>>
>>/Thomas
>>

>Sure, and also host.def and xorg.conf, just in case it might help.
>Also, I forgot to mention that I keep using drm kernel modules from 2.6.13.1 kernel. My next would be to replace them with those provided by xorg tree, only to see if it makes any difference.
>
>Regards

Hmm, strange. Your Xorg finds the VBE modes even in 64-bit mode. Might
be a recent bugfix?

Anyway, I've checked in a possible fix to the hang to openchrome svn.
Could you try out the latest openchrome svn code and see if it fixes
your problem, both with and without the option "NoAccel" set in the
Device section of Xorg.conf?