[Openchrome-users] Two issues with current Subversion

Jon Nettleton jon.nettleton
Fri Dec 9 15:04:56 PST 2005

The first issue is that the automake build system isn't defining
XvExtension.  I had some logic in my builds to look from Xv.h and XvMC.h
and enable XvExtension in config.h if they were found.  Do we want to
re-enable this?  If the answer is yes I can take some time later today
and check those changes into subversion.

The second issue is with the changes Thomas made for the 64-bit
architecture.  I found that if you used a driver built with those
changes and you have the BackingStore enabled in xorg.conf you get
strange painting on the screen.  Examples were multiple cursors painted
that wouldn't go away as well as scrolling caused lines to get jumbled
on top of one another.  I disabled the backingstore and everything is
back to normal.  Tell me if I should open a ticket for this.

-Jon