[Openchrome-users] Two issues with current Subversion

Thomas Hellström unichrome
Fri Dec 9 15:18:11 PST 2005

Hi!

> The first issue is that the automake build system isn't defining
> XvExtension.  I had some logic in my builds to look from Xv.h and XvMC.h
> and enable XvExtension in config.h if they were found.  Do we want to
> re-enable this?  If the answer is yes I can take some time later today
> and check those changes into subversion.

XvExtension should now be enabled by default since xorg-7.0RC3 in the
global X header file included at the top of config.h, so we should not do
it in the driver build system.

> The second issue is with the changes Thomas made for the 64-bit
> architecture.  I found that if you used a driver built with those
> changes and you have the BackingStore enabled in xorg.conf you get
> strange painting on the screen.  Examples were multiple cursors painted
> that wouldn't go away as well as scrolling caused lines to get jumbled
> on top of one another.  I disabled the backingstore and everything is
> back to normal.  Tell me if I should open a ticket for this.

Please do. I'll be away for the weekend, but I'll have a look into it next
week. Could you nail down which is the last working revision, that would
be great.

> -Jon

/Thomas