[Openchrome-users] Could not lock DMA pages

MagicITX magicitx
Thu Dec 29 02:19:37 PST 2005

On 12/24/05, Thomas Hellstr?m <unichrome at shipmail.org> wrote:

> >> We've had similar error reports before, but I've been unable to
> >> reproduce it.
> >> Basically it is the drm being handed memory that does not belong to the
> >> user.
> >>
> >> What hardware is this?
> >> What does the Xorg.0.log say? (Compressed, please)
> >> Does Xine -V xv work with the same stream.
> >> Does mplayer work with the same stream?
> >>
> >> /Thomas
> >

> Hi!
>

> > This is a VIA EPIA M10000 system.  I put my Xorg online at
> > http://www.magicitx.com/pub/Xorg.0.log
> > I'm trying to play a DVD with vlc when I get the error.  I don't have
> Xine
> > on the system and still working on xvmc for mplayer.  I'll focus on
> > mplayer
> > today so I can give more information.  Watching live-tv with MythTV
> works
> > fine including xvmc.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > --
> >
> > Tim
> > www.magicitx.com
> >

> The error is Xv-related, so it would be interesting to know whether Xv
> works for the other players you have with the same stream. XvMC uses
> another DRM path.
>
> /Thomas

The system were I got this error broke.  It would stay up for about 10
minutes then freeze hard.  It didn't matter what I was running or not
running.  Rebooting didn't do any good unless I waited for a while.  I
suspect a component on the motherboard has heat problems.

So I replace the motherboard and the problem with vlc went away.  Was it due
to the motherboard problem?  A BIOS setting?  This one may remain a mystery.

Thanks for the help Thomas.

--

Tim
www.magicitx.com