[Openchrome-users] [via_cmdbuf_wait] error

Jerry Bell jdbell
Sat Dec 24 17:27:30 PST 2005

Hi,

II have a Via Epia MII-6000 running KnoppMyth. I've made some changes
to get hardware acceleration running under MythTV.  Currently I'm
running the openChrome 20051116 snapshot.   Everything works, I'm
seeing 20-25% cpu usage in live and recorded tv playback at 720x480.
But from time the myth frontend locks up and I get these messages in
syslog:

mythtv kernel: [drm:via_cmdbuf_wait] *ERROR* via_cmdbuf_wait timed out
hw 63500 curr_addr 400 next_addr 844d0

Once this starts, it happens a lot: "mythtv last message repeated 22x
times" every minute or so.

Any idea what could be causing this?

Thanks,

Jerry