[Openchrome-users] CN400 Noscale problems on Epia SP13000

userforum@openchrome.org userforum
Fri Nov 18 18:38:54 PST 2005

Re: CN400 Noscale problems on Epia SP13000

Just to stand up and be counted, seen as I contacted Robin.

EPIA SP13000 , UK PAL

Problem appears related to Robin Gilk's, but symptoms are slightly different.

Following the instructions at [http://groundstate.ca/c3mythtv] I've installed x which works fine with vesa drivers. The via driver using ivor's unichrome snapshot appears to run, using default built-in modelines. However, none of the built in modes 'work': They throw up a blank screen with X aparently working quite happily, when I stop the display manager, I very briefly see what appears like the correct output of the x desktop, before dropping back to the shell.

I don't have the details of the unichrome / dri versions to hand, nor what Xorg.0.log coughs up. I'll update this post when I do.

Enlightenment always appreciated.

Mark