[Openchrome-users] kernel drm

tony tony
Tue Nov 22 17:24:38 PST 2005

Hey,

I'm rebuilding the FC4 kernel rpm with all VIA C3-N specific options and
a lot of the crud removed (Epia-M with onboard RAID controller
anyone?...). Yes I am also going to build a vanilla C3 kernel rpm. I
hope to have grub pop up during boot and let the user choose his kernel
poison... But that is phase 2 or 3.

What do I do with drm? Two options:

	- rip out the old, outdated FC version and install latest 2.7.4 via drm
in the kernel rpm
	- leave as is and have my liveCD install Xaviers lovely kernel drm rpm
over the standard one

Open to suggestions - remember there are already a couple of generic
liveCD's with VDR etc out there I'm not competing in the i386 space so a
bog standard kernel isn't a necessity.

Cheers

Tony
--