[Openchrome-users] performance problems on EPIA M6000

Kim Bisgaard kim+oco
Tue Nov 22 19:26:31 PST 2005

Hi,

I suspect that there are some performance problems with the OpenChrome
driver.

I am using mythtv to show (mythtv)recorded videos, and have just
upgraded from Fedora Core 2 to FC4, and now I have to disable all
interlacing support in myth, on playback, to have acceptable sound, but
then the picture is terrible! Is there any way I can debug if the
problem is in mythtv, or in the OpenChrome drivers?

Its a dual boot system, so I can go back and forth by rebooting.

The FC2 system has the following versions:
ivtv-0.4.0-98.rhfc2.at
mythtv-0.18.1-112.rhfc2.kib (I have to recompile atrpms package to get
XvMC to work with via)
kernel-2.6.10-1.771_FC2
kernel-module-via-drm-2.6.10-1.771_FC2-2.4.6-1.ucr (Xavier Bachelot package)

On the FC4 system:
ivtv-0.4.0-98.rhfc4.at
mythtv-0.18.1-115.rhfc4.kib
kernel-2.6.14-1.1637_FC4
kernel-module-via-drm-2.6.14-1.1637_FC4-2.7.2-1.ucr

Please tell me if more info. is relevant?

TIA,
Kim Bisgaard.