[Openchrome-users] performance problems on EPIA M6000

tony tony
Mon Nov 28 16:24:23 PST 2005

Le lundi 28 novembre 2005 ? 14:00 +0100, Kim Bisgaard a ?crit :

> I am using a EPIA M6000, and CPu usage went from 20-25% to 50-70% just
> for playback! For live-tv forget it! And I get a lot of stutter if
> anything happens on the machine daemons and the like. I will soon have
> to throw that piece of expencive hw in the garbadge and by someting better.
>
> Do you have any idea what takes up the extra time?? is it mythtv or
> OpenChrome or kernel??

I suspect that it is a kernel issue. From memory it cropped up after a
kernel upgrade not after a *chrome upgrade. I use VDR and xine-VDR for
live TV so there is slightly less CPU usage than when watching a DVD.
I have seen much lower figures for a M8000, 70% seems to be a lot even
for a M6000. I think you should be seeing 30-35% which is about twice
what my M10000 gives me.

Cheers

Tony
--