[Openchrome-users] RGB TV Output on SP8000E

AnnKathrin.Simon@t-online.de AnnKathrin.Simon
Wed Nov 30 18:42:54 PST 2005

Hello,

in the "VIA Unichrome TV Output HowTO" from Terry Barnaby stands the
following:

It is possible, with a suitable VGA to SCART lead and a simple SYNC
circuit to connect the RGB inputs of a TV to the VGA RGB outputs. The
current Unichrome driver does not support the mode settings for this
yet. It may not be able to if it does not support interlaced operation.

My question is, if this interlaced operation is supported now. Or, if
not, will it be supported in the near future.

My problem is, that everything including HW-accelaration with Xine (
Xine -V xxmc ) and PAL modus "720x576Noscale" is working perfect. But
the EPIA board only has an S-Video Connector and my TV doesn't. So  I
fall back to  the minimum quality of FBAS.

Regards
Andreas