[Openchrome-users] Openchrome or Mythtv bug?

Robin Gilks g8ecj
Mon Apr 10 13:56:25 PDT 2006

>> anyway?)
>> anyone
>> >>
>> > Firstly, try using Mesa 6.4.1
>> >

>> How the heck do I do that?
>>
>> Like I said - I don't know what mesa is - is it a library, an
>> executable,
>> is it a binary something I plonk in somewhere like an nvidia driver? Is
>> it
>> a part of the 6.9.0 xorg (in which case what version do I have at the
>> moment)
>>
>> (sorry - I'm not usually so thick but I'm on holiday and I think I've
>> left
>> my brain at work).

> Which distro are you using?

I'm using Gentoo but I've installed xorg directly from source (without
using portage) so I can keep with the monolithic build but update to 6.9.0
(Gentoo wants to either play with 6.8.99 or 7.0 modular)

When I'm feeling brave (and have the time) I'll dupe the nfs root tree for
this diskless Epia box and install 7.0 into it.

A few weeks ago I tried a binary snapshot. The snapshots have disappeared
from the xorg site as they are working towards 7.1 - I probably still have
the .gz files I downloaded so I'll try that later

Cheers

--
Robin Gilks