[Openchrome-users] mythtv freeze

Daniel Smolik marvin
Thu Apr 13 23:03:47 PDT 2006

Rod Emerson napsal(a):
> Sorry about breaking the threading, I just subscribed
> to the list so I could reply to "mythtv freeze".
>
> I also have a VIA EPIA SP13000 and see MythTV (frontend)
> X freeze.
>
> I'm using Mandriva 2006 + 2.6.16-rc5 + xorg-x11-6.9.0-5.2.20060mdk.
>
> I built via_drv.so using xorg-x11-6.9.0-5.2.20060mdk.src.rpm from
> Mandriva, the most recent entry in ChangeLog from the openchrome
> "svn co" I used is "2006-03-08".
>
> I only built via_drv.so because mplayer (MythVideo) didn't work
> with what came in the Mandriva rpm. (mythfrontend with Via XvMC did work)
> I did not need to re-build libxvmc.
>
> MythTV is 0.19-fixes, using --enable-opengl-vsync, --enable-xvmc,
> and --enable-xvmc-pro. /etc/X11/XvMCConfig contains libviaXvMCPro.so.1.0.
>
> MythTV then uses "Setup - TV Settings - Playback"
>                     Deinterlace using "Kernel"
>                     MPEG2 Decoder = Via XvMC
>                     Enable OpenGL vertical sync
>
> When I forward/reverse during "Edit Recording" within mythfrontend
> X locks up after several consecutive ff/rew and "insert cutpoints".
> If I escape out of "Edit Recordings" after each "insert cutpoint", then
> continue editing I can avoid the X problem.
>
> I'm using the color OSD (ChromaKeyOSD), I do not see this X problem
> during normal "watch recordings", only when editing.
>
> Sometimes I can restart X (ctrl-alt-bs), other times I need to
> 'killall -9 X'. Typically after the first X problem, if it happens
> again I get the green screen and then need to reboot.
> When this happens non X related/dependent processes still work
> (mythbackend, httpd, etc).
>
> The only mention of anything related I have found is the following
> in Xorg.0.log, but Xorg.0.log typically doesn't show any problem at all.
>
>    Fulfilled via DRI at 17010464
>    Fulfilled via DRI at 17646400
>    Freed 0 (pool 0)
>    Fulfilled via DRI at 18282336
>    viaWaitVideoCommandFire: Timeout.

Hi,
I have similar problem with my application that use mplayer with XvMC
accel. That application play video  in loop whole day. After aprox.
2-3 day system freeze with similar messages. If I disable AGPDMA in
xorg.conf system works but cpu usage is 20%. I mean that this is HW
problem may be overheating MPEG engine.

			Dan