[Openchrome-users] mythtv freeze

Simon Kagstrom simon.kagstrom
Fri Apr 14 04:00:49 PDT 2006

At Fri, 14 Apr 2006 11:42:24 +0100,
Ivor Hewitt wrote:

> On Friday 14 April 2006 09:15, Ivor Hewitt wrote:
> > On Friday 14 April 2006 08:41, Simon Kagstrom wrote:

> > > Same hardware with Debian Etch/Testing, also mythtv 0.19.
> >
> > First thing to try:- try increasing the timeout count in
> > viaWaitVideoCommandFire in via_swov.c.
> >

> Hmm, ok I just tried reproducing this on a CN400 and a VM800 skipping back and
> forwards in mythtv over and over, with no luck.

I'll try the viaWaitVideoCommandFire change later today. For me, this
occurs within seconds of skipping and only with XvMC enabled. Maybe
it's a SP13000-specific problem?

I'm only guessing (I have not looked in the source and don't know
anything about Xv), but maybe the problem occurs because the playback
is "aborted" with FF and rewind?

> [Daniel Smolik]:
>
> I have similar problem with my application that use mplayer with XvMC
> accel. That application play video  in loop whole day. After aprox.
> 2-3 day system freeze with similar messages. If I disable AGPDMA in
> xorg.conf system works but cpu usage is 20%. I mean that this is HW
> problem may be overheating MPEG engine.

I'll try to disable AGPDMA as well and see what happens.

// Simon