[Openchrome-users] VIA EPIS MII1000 Myth and Almost there....

Jake Thompson jake
Wed Apr 26 06:38:16 PDT 2006

Hi all,
I hope I can get some help with this.

I have a brand new fedora core 5 install.

I downloaded and compiled the latest openchrome from SVN about a week ago.
I removed the fedora via drivers and installed the compiled ones.  Everthing
out to a monitor was working fine.

So, I disconnected and moved it to the TV.  What I was getting was a problem
I saw reported earlier.  The top of the picture was "Green" and the screen
seemed to have alot of flicker.

So after trying a bunch of settings, I decided I would roll back to the
driver that comes with core5, as far as I know it is just an older version
of the openchrome driver.

With this driver install, I no longer have the green or the flicker, and the
picture looks great (Same xorg.conf file as before).  However, the screen is
pusshing off the edges of my TV(NTSC), so top, bottom, left right are all
clipped.

Some xorg.conf sections are:

Section "Monitor"
Identifier   "Monitor0"
VendorName   "Monitor Vendor"
ModelName    "Analog NTSC Television"
HorizSync    30.0 - 50.0
VertRefresh  60.0 - 60.0
Option     "dpms"
DisplaySize  400 300
EndSection

Section "Device"
Identifier  "Videocard0"
Driver      "via"
VendorName  "Via Technologies"
BoardName   "CLE266 Unichrome"
Option      "PciRetry" "true"
Option      "ActiveDevice" "TV"
Option      "TVType" "NTSC"
Option      "TVOutput" "S-Video"
        Option       "EnableAGPDMA" "true"
EndSection

Section "Screen"
Identifier "Screen0"
Device     "Videocard0"
Monitor    "Monitor0"
DefaultDepth     24
SubSection "Display"
Viewport   0 0
Depth     24
Modes    "720x480Noscale"EndSubSection
EndSection

Section "DRI"
Group        0
Mode         0666
EndSection

This is in X as well as with Myth.

So my question is, 1. Should I try to get the newer driver to work. 2. Am I
missing a setting that is causing it to push off the edges.

Thanks,
Jake