[Openchrome-users] X11 Modlines and Meaning for TVout on vt1625 for horizontal position

Ivor Hewitt ivor
Sun Apr 30 02:28:54 PDT 2006

On Sunday 30 April 2006 01:55, John Robinson wrote:
> On 29/04/2006 21:47, Eric Gilbert wrote:
> > http://www.3dexpress.de/#FaqX11Modeline
> >
> > I was able to follow the explanation/equation but I have some questions.
>
> [...]
>
> Unfortunately the TV output doesn't work as you might hope; currently
> the TV modes are written in to the driver, and if you have the TV output
> turned on, even the Modeline modes are ignored for the monitor.

This mess will be much improved for the vt1622 when the current rewrite for
http://openchrome.org/trac/ticket/6 is complete.
Making changes and fixing problems will become much easier. After vt1622 is
done, 1625 should be straightforward.

--
Ivor Hewitt.