[Openchrome-users] openchrome driver SMP safe?

Christoph Lameter christoph
Wed Aug 2 12:37:43 PDT 2006

I ran the openchrome driver on a dual core pentium together with two
Radeon 7000/VE PCI boards and found that the system repeatedly locked up.

The board sometimes did not come up at all. Screen stayed blank. Just the
two lcds attached to the radeons worked. Then the mouse frequently froze
for extendend time period and the performance was so bad that I could not
work. I finally put in a Geforce AGP. Seems that this switche off the
MOBO unichrome.

I can give this a try again if you could tell me what information you are
looking for.

MOBO is a P4M800PRO-M with 2GB RAM.